Thursday 12 June 2008

Life's Mysteries

"The excellence of life is its filled with mysteries that we can't help but yearn to solve, that is the human strength, not the weapons we craft, not the cities we built nor the societies that we cling to" -- June 13 2008

Barry, A fund's manager I spoke to once, told me "don't be a pessimist, don't be an optimist, be a realist" it was such a profound way of thinking. I won't insult him by mispelling his last name but I asked him how can someone who deals with so much money in this market that has more wild mood swings than a tropical hurricane, can he be so happy all the time?

He replied, I live in a world full of possibilities. Each day I wake, there are a million more and I can't wait to find out what they are.

Thanks Barry. it really changed the way I looked at the world.

No comments: