Monday 7 April 2008

Values Of A Good Trader

"A good trader must be humble and passionate. They must have integrity and most of all have self-diligence" - Christian Siva-Jothy

This one quote and Henry Ford's comment on experts got to me and made me realized my own self philosophy called "Lifetimes and Achievements".

You will also sense the irony. For all you Star Wars fanatics out there, Christian Siva-Jothy's comments sounds like it came from Yoda. Its no coincidence that Yoda and the Jedi Philosophies are based around Zen like teachings. Which is again, a favorite among Investment bankers and traders alike.

When I came across this quote, I realized that for the trading career of mine that's yet to come, I must cultivate these traits.

I must admit I had already started this a while back when I started my days, first as a Forex Day Trader and then as a Swing Trader with Ichimoku. For those interested, I can refer you to an awesome forum where my legendary seniors Ian Boersma and Vincent Hunt discuss it in great detail. When we started, it was Ian and Vincent and a handful of maybe 6 guys. Now its 329 and counting. Also, since this is a bit of a lost art, Ian and Vincent have published articles in professional sites on trading.

Back to the present, I stumbled onto Poker.. specifically Texas Hold'em and I realized it presented me with a way to improve the traits that I wanted - Patiences, Self Diligence, Analysis in a tense fast moving environment...plus its fun to relax once in a while.

If you want to get started with a Free $50 bankroll.. leave me a comment and I can send you a link.

No comments: