Monday 28 April 2008

Little Things..

Isn't it strange that no matter what the case, be it a master plan or love, it is the little things that we miss - April 28 2008

It has been almost 2 months since I started my journey. Taking little steps to improve my mind, my body and my soul, I have gone further than I have ever gone. Its a strange yet liberating feeling.

I have more patience than I thought was possible. I enjoy the moment more and even though I have an overwhelming amount of work, study and responsibilities, I feel I have an abundance of time.

At this point in time, I am 5 kilograms lighter and my lean muscle has increased, my savings have grown beyond my expectations and I have found a new level of peace. My patience has improved and it seems all things seem to fall into place. Has it been easy so far? No. Could I relapse and lose all my gains? Yes, but not all. Sometimes I feel like a new understanding of my life, I would find difficult to lose.

My trainer, Tom Venuto always reminds me that you can't rest on your laurels. He views the world is full of two types of people. One who has it all their way from birth and one who has to fight for every little thing he earns and has to fight to keep them. What will probably surprise you is he believes that the later is the luckier one. Because thru struggles, you truly learn and appreciate things in ways that can't be understood by a person who has never had to work for it.

To be honest, when I first happened on this subject. I couldn't agree with Tom but since then, I have come to agree with him. If I hadn't had the struggles, then I wouldnt have found my strength that saw me thru the bad times. The bad times in turn made me wiser.

Best of all this is only the beginning...

No comments: