Thursday 4 December 2008

Life's Little Irony

"It doesn't take a great task to do something amazing. Getting started is the amazing thing. The great task you achieve is simply a bonus" - Simon Foo

Back in Oct 2007, on a warm summer month, I looked myself in the mirror and resolved to make my 30th year my renaissance year. I would rebuild the new me based on my three pillars. I would achieve goals to build on what i considered to be the important aspects of my life: Improve the Soul - Things I love and live for, Improve the Mind - "Learn" for the lack of a better term and Improve the Body. 

By an large, I have done quite well. I have completed a Finance Diploma, 12 Exams from finishing my 2nd Degree, Studying my 3rd Degree at Penn State University and lost 8 kg ( bringing my total weight loss since coming to Japan to 34 kgs). 

Life is ironic in two ways - One, Tom Venuto's BFFM ebook was published by Renaissance Works and the Second, Adam Waters also heard the same song but he focused all of his energy on his body. To him, I say great job but the Victorian in me ( the competitive bred Aussie) can only think " You bastard..." Adam, if you are reading this.... I mean it in the friendly way that mates do.

To all those who read this... I hope you can take from this - Find your path and start down the journey to your goals. I started this blog to inspire myself to greater heights and hopefully bring a few guys along the way but Adam took it one further and he took the world with him. 

Get started... you will be surprised how far you come.





No comments: